Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lisa, party of one

So considering the fact that perhaps no one will be reading this (except for maybe my sister and my two delusional friends who agreed this is a great idea), I probably should not be as stressed out as I am about this first post.  But honestly, starting a blog is pretty stressful.  First of all, it's putting yourself on the internet-- and lord knows what kind of crazies are out there.  Actually, I do know, because that one time I did a 30-day free trial of match.com... too much too soon?  You have to think about what your blog "portrays".  Pink is girly, and I'm kind of girly, but not Mariah Carey butterfly girly... so then I went with the navy font to counteract that.  I think I'm the only one who noticed that one.  Then there's the stigma of being a "blogger".  Really cool if you're good and have a huge following-- not so cool if you suck.  Don't let me suck.  Follow me.  Re-reading those sentences makes me realize that having half a bottle of wine before I write may or may not be the best idea-- though most of this will be done after a half bottle of wine.  I am who I am.

Who am I?  Other than a oenophile who may or may not dabble in online dating, I'm a sucker whose roommate thinks that me blogging is the best thing since pasta.  I'm a twenty-something Manhattanite who is a little late to the blogging party but knows its never too late to join a party... who realizes that my everyday existence of work-friends-gym-cooking-dating (when I'm lucky)-going out-sleeping is probably just like everyone else's... but being relatable and shameless is a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment