Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dreaming of blogging

I've been having the most vivid dreams lately-- and last nights?  That I was a blogger.  A great blogger.  So good that I quit my job and my head was bursting with blog posts and ideas and I walked around with a note pad and big camera slung across my shoulder to take high-tech pictures and I posted three times a day and I had followers and fans... but until then, I won't quit my day job.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about what I actually want to do "when I grow up".  It's about that time, I think, the mid-twenties "itch" (quarter-life crisis?)  You've been out of college long enough to realize that just having a job is good but not great, and you've somewhat of a skill set that you feel like it should be put to better use than it is now-- but for the LIFE of me don't know how some people "figured it out" and are making small fortunes doing something they actually like.  Kate Spade?  Figured it out.  Chelsea Handler? Figured it out.  Kate Middleton? helloooo...seriously figured it out.  But, in my humble opinion, the person who fulfulls all my dreams and aspirations:


She can do no wrong.  If I figure out how to be her, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely have dreams of leaving my day job to blog full-time. A bunch of my food blogger friends have made the decision to try things out on a full-time basis, and I admire them for making that leap. However, for now... I'm like you. I need the day job to pay for the meals I write about!

    Great start so far, Lisa -- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete