Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Reason #5,543,765,234,654,001 why I love her...

Every tabloid/news station/celebrity site has been plastered with photos and news about Prince William and Kate Middleton's visit to America (not that I'm complaining...)  And yes, while I do love Kate and think she is stunningly beautiful, poised, and fashionable, there is someone who takes the cake.


Of course.  When William and Kate (can we call them that anymore?  The Duke and Duchess?  Let's just say the Royals) went to LA to watch a polo match, none other than my girl Giada was asked to prepare a meal for them and the other guests.  I could not have been more thrilled to hear it and was so excited to see what the menu would look like .  And even better was to see she made one of my all-time favorite recipes of hers-- Pea Pesto Crostini.

I've made these crostini countless times and they are always a hit.  If I have it on hand, I like to throw in a handful of basil to the food processor while pureeing the ingredients.  Since it calls for frozen peas, this truly is a versatile recipe, which would be equally at home at a summertime bbq or a Christmas party-- the red tomatoes and sweet green peas are a nod to the season but not over the top cheesy.  Served with crusty bread (or even as a pasta sauce?) the Pea Pesto Crostini never disappoint.  Thank you, Giada.
over the top Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment